Department of History
Iowa State University
- PhD in Ancient History, Columbia University (2002)
- BA in Classical Studies, University of Chicago (1992)
Detailed publication information available here.
• Farmers and Agriculture in the Roman Economy (Routledge, 2018).
• Editor with T. Howe, A Companion to Ancient Agriculture (under contract with Wiley-Blackwell).
• Editor with Tom Blanton and John Fitzgerald, The Extramercantile Economies of Greek and Roman Cities: New Perspectives on the Economic History of Classical Antiquity (under contract with Routledge).
- Member, Editorial Board, Encyclopedia of Ancient History (for economic and social history)
- Member, Editorial Board, Ancient History Bulletin.
- Co-Chair, Society of Biblical Literature Program Unit on Early Christianity and the Ancient Economy
LAST UPDATED: July 11, 2018.